Launched in 2018, SahiPay® is a platform that offers a comprehensive suite of consumer value added services benefiting both end-consumers and merchants. Our aim is to bring payment, banking, and an ecosystem of value-added services accessible to rural society. Our plan of action is to onboard maximum number of merchants/Kirana stores at Pan India level and make them an active service delivery points to facilitate various SahiPay® services through different channels – mobile, desktop or an integrated SahiPay® PoS terminal
Sahipay® integrated offerings
Payments Solution – Omni channel payment acceptance solution
Seamless electronic payment from Debit/Credit card, Aadhaar Pay, UPI, Bharat QR, NFC.
Banking and financial services -
- Banking – Cash withdrawal, Cash deposit, Mini Statement, Balance Enquiry
- Finance – assist in financial planning through investment in insurance and mutual funds
- Domestic money transfer/remittance – send money to your family
- DTH/Mobile Recharge – Effortless mobile and DTH recharges
- Utility Bill Payment – Pay digitally for electricity, water and gas bill
- Travel and Entertainment – Book travel and entertainment booking for both domestic and international venues
- e-Governance Services – Disbursement of Government funds and direct benefit transfer
- Assisted E-Commerce – Reach to any of SahiPay® powered merchants and order your aspirational products through e-commerce websites
Why SahiPay® exists?
To address the gaps in the retail ecosystem and create value for different stakeholders in the value chain
- Limited access to banking services. Once the account is opened, BCs seldom visit the village again. This makes it difficult for the people to access their bank accounts
- Inability to make digital payments: Though the technology has been put into place but it still needs to be made accessible and brought into the reach.
- Limited access to healthcare and insurance products: The awareness and accessibility to modern healthcare and insurance is still at a much lower penetration. Technology needs to be fully leveraged to bring people under healthcare and insurance cover
- Limited access to consumer services through digital means such as utility bill payments, travel ticket booking, lending etc.
- Inability to make e-commerce purchases
- limited financial knowledge and access to financial products such as loans
- Lack of trust and security
- Challenge of expanding rural reach and presence – high cost of customer acquisition
- Challenge for banks in maintaining a bank branch in rural location at an affordable cost and at the same time meet regulatory compliance
- Corporate entities need a medium to connect with rural population (60% of India’s population) and increase their revenue potential
- High dependence on cash – limited digital means to accept payments digitally
- cost of adoption of modern retail solution
To read more about SahiPay®, please visit: www.sahipay.com